Dec 21, 2008

"Are You Kidding Me!?"

Getting home from NYC was definitely a struggle. I highly recommend everyone to avoid flying with United at all costs. Terrible customer service with a condescending attitude does not entice me travel with them again.
We got stuck at O'Hare, also known as the gateway to Hell, because one of our flight attendants was late. Personally, I am never late. Kathy Hazelbaker once told me "tardiness tarnishes the testimony" and ever since then I have not been late. Lacking promptness is truly disrespectful to those around you. Back to the flight attendant with a tarnished testimony. Apparently she arrived, but by then they delayed the flight for a few minutes. Once that new time lapsed, we got delayed an hour for fog.  When they finally boarded us, the plane was unimaginably hot. We sat for about an hour, sipped on some complimentary ice water and waited to take off.  The pilot informed us that there was zero visibility at Will Rogers and fuel was added to our plane in case we had to land in Denver instead of OKC.  If you ask me, Denver is quite the leap from OKC, but because the added fuel added weight, all of the standby passengers were told to get off. An eruption of "are you kidding me"'s resounded through the cabin. 
Sadly, the extra fuel was not needed, those poor stand by folks got stuck in Chicago and we landed safely in OKC a few hours behind schedule.
But we are back now and still very thankful to Canada Mom and Dad for giving us the honeymoon we also wanted.
Hope you continue to enjoy the blog and comment on it so we know how to improve it!

Double D

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I think the blog is very you, Dusty. Keep it up. I look forward to more adventures of Dusty and Dionne.